A growing database of pictures & route descriptions for waterfall ice climbs in the Canadian Rockies, the world’s best ice climbing destination.Â Route descriptions are written from experience, and information such as grades and lengths are sometimes slightly different than found in other sources.
Ice Climbing is potentially dangerous and you can be injured or killed.Â There are many hazards such as avalanches & falling.Â Use all info on this site at your own risk.Â This site may contain errors or misleading information.Â It is your responsibility to evaluate hazards, conditions,Â and your own abilities!Â
- Bow ValleyÂ – Hwy 1 from Calgary to Lake Louise including Canmore & Banff, Alberta.
- KananaskisÂ – Hwy 40 to Highwood Pass and Smith Dorien road from Canmore, AB.
- Southern Front RangesÂ – Sundre to Bragg Creek, Alberta.Â Includes the Ghost River.
- Radium HighwayÂ – Hwy 93S from Castle Junction to Radium Hot Springs, BC.
- Field to GoldenÂ – Lake Oâ€™HaraÂ to Golden, BC alongÂ Hwy 1.Â Includes Field, BC.
- Icefields Parkway SouthÂ – Hwy 93N from Lake Louise to Sask. River Crossing, Alberta.
- Icefields Parkway NorthÂ – Hwy 93NÂ from the Sask. RiverÂ Crossing to Jasper, Alberta.
- David Thompson HighwayÂ – Hwy 11 from Sask. River Crossing to Nordegg, Alberta.
- JasperÂ – Hwy 16 through Jasper, ABÂ andÂ Mt Robson, BC.