A growing database of pictures & route descriptions for waterfall ice climbs in the Canadian Rockies, the world’s best ice climbing destination. Route descriptions are written from experience, and information such as grades and lengths are sometimes slightly different than found in other sources.
Ice Climbing is potentially dangerous and you can be injured or killed. There are many hazards such as avalanches & falling. Use all info on this site at your own risk. This site may contain errors or misleading information. It is your responsibility to evaluate hazards, conditions, and your own abilities!
- Bow Valley - Hwy 1 from Calgary to Lake Louise including Canmore & Banff, Alberta.
- Kananaskis - Hwy 40 to Highwood Pass and Smith Dorien road from Canmore, AB.
- Southern Front Ranges - Sundre to Bragg Creek, Alberta. Includes the Ghost River.
- Radium Highway - Hwy 93S from Castle Junction to Radium Hot Springs, BC.
- Field to Golden - Lake O’Hara to Golden, BC along Hwy 1. Includes Field, BC.
- Icefields Parkway South - Hwy 93N from Lake Louise to Sask. River Crossing, Alberta.
- Icefields Parkway North – Hwy 93N from the Sask. River Crossing to Jasper, Alberta.
- David Thompson Highway - Hwy 11 from Sask. River Crossing to Nordegg, Alberta.
- Jasper - Hwy 16 through Jasper, AB and Mt Robson, BC.
Sweet Gear Deals from our Sponsors: