The Kananaskis section includes ice climbs along the Kananaskis Highway (Hwy 40) from the Transcanada Hwy to Highwood Pass, and the Smith Dorrien/Spray Lakes road from Canmore, AB to where it joins Hwy 40.
Because many of the climbs in K-Country are close to Calgary & Canmore, the moderate ones tend to be quite popular. The routes along the Smith Dorrien road are often the first ones to get climbed each season, sometimes as early as late September!
Full Route Descriptions:
- AmadeusÂ III, WI4, M5, 55m
- The MaulÂ IV, M7, 300m
- Kidd FallsÂ IV, WI4, 55m
- A Bridge Too FarÂ III, WI4, 300m
- Whiteman Falls & Redman Soars Whitemans (IV, WI6, 90m); Redmans (IV, WI5, M5, 60m)
- Parallel FallsÂ IV, WI4, 100m
- Drip at the Center of the UniverseÂ VI, W5+, 600m
- Moyen MonsterÂ IV, WI6, M5R, 120m