Useful links for ice climbing in the Canadian Rockies
- Avalanche Bulletins – Updated regularly throughout the winter.
- Parks Mountain Safety – An informative website produced by the National Parks with lots of good info for ice climbers, including lists of climbs and their Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale (ATES) ratings.
- Environment Canada Weather – 7 day forecasts for most towns in Alberta & British Columbia.
- Gravsports-ice.com – popular online forum for conditions, new routes, etc.
- MCR Reports – reports on climbing conditions from ACMG guides.
GuidedÂ Climbs & Courses
- Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides – Professional guiding service with top climbers & ACMG guides.Â Courses & guided ascents for all skill levels.
OtherÂ Canadian Rockies Websites
- CASA – Climbers Access Society of Alberta.Â Please support them as they workÂ to maintainÂ our access to the mountains.
Other Ice Climbing Areas
- West Coast Ice – info & conditionsÂ for ice climbing on the West Coast of Canada.
- Cold Fear – Info & conditions for ice climbing in Cody, Wyoming.Â Â One ofÂ the best ice climbing location in the continental United States.
- Montana Ice – Info & conditions for ice climbing in Montana, including Hyalite Canyon,Â another good ice climbing location in theÂ US.Â
- Alaska Ice – Online guidebook & conditions reports for ice climbing in Alaska.
More Useful Links
- Global Mountain SolutionsÂ (GMS)Â – Difficult Access/Terrain Services – Rope Access Training Calgary-Vancouver -Edmonton, SPRAT, IRATA, Mountain Safety, Helicopter Rescue.